The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2015-02-12

Animal Print X3

spot3
spot1
spot4
spot2
Coat? Vintage (similar here) Blouse? Joe Fresh (here) Pants? Trina Turk (pricey but similar here)  
Shoes? Guess, thrifted Glasses? Warby Parker (Duckworth here)

Snakeskin shoes, leopard blouse and dalmation jacket... I feel like this print mix would have been my jam in the third year I was blogging. 

And then of course, when I mention third year blogging, I have to go back and giggle over my archives. I think back then I wrote a little more freely without being so conscious of what I put on the Internet. Sometimes I miss that 'freedom'; not that I don't have that freedom now, I'm just more aware of what I want to keep private. 
I think I dressed more freely a few years back too. I used to post three times a week (I'm so sorry Matt that I asked you to take so many pictures... you were/are a champ) and I wanted to try every trend and wear all the things. I've refined my style more now and that's a good thing. 

I like how I'm talking about how 'refined' my style is on a post where I am wearing three animal prints and pink pants. So self aware I am... 


(I used the word 'I' 22 times in this post...eek)

8 comments :

Anonymous said...

I have been following the blog for a while and also read the archives (when I should be working ...) and I have to say that year three is kind of my favorite year ... but this year has been great too!

Jana Style Blog said...

Those pink pants are so cute! I love how you mixed leopard prints too! Great look!

xo Jana
www.janastyleblog.com

Feisty Harriet said...

Yaaaaaas!!! Love, love, love!

xox

The Suburb Experiment said...

I love going back through your archives! One of my favorite outfits of yours is a polka dot skirt and a tee that said something about cats not wearing condoms. :)

When I first started blogging I was the same way, there was so much style information coming in and I wanted to try all of it! Moving to Alaska forced me to cut down on all the experimentation. I miss having reasons to wear some of the crazier outfits but still have mixing in a piece or two into everyday outfits. I love that you mixed all the animal prints with hot pink!

Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...

Oh wow I love everything about this outfit! And isn't it fun to go through archives and see how DIFFERENT our style was (both clothing and writing)?

Anonymous said...

Love those pants and they look perfect with the animal print

Mel
www.girlandthepolkadot.com

Unknown said...

Love the layered leopard! Cute pants too!

DressUpNotDown said...

A crazy outfit like this is what makes me want to get dressed up to go somewhere! :o)

JJ
www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com