The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2014-09-19

Shop Girl Looks

A little look at what I've been wearing to the shop as we transition from summer to autumn. Can we maybe get a polite golf clap going for the fact that I got two posts up in one week? I am killing September. Roar. That's all, carry on...

But actually, about September... The last two weeks have had both the warmest and the coldest days of the summer. Which is annoying but it keeps weather conversations titillating. Both blogging and small talk are built on the foundation of weather conversations so I should really be grateful... 

shop4
Dress? Vintage 90's Boots? Steve Madden Necklace? Unikati (here)

I found this dress in a bin of summer stuff that never even made it unto the shop floor this year. Now it's never going to make it unto the floor next year because I am keeping it... weird how that happens.


shop3
Dress? DvF (found the exact one here on consignment) Boots? Joe Fresh

I bought this dress last winter and I like it with tights and boots but the flirty full skirt is even more fun with bare legs. That DvF was not messing around with her wrap dresses. 

shop2
Jeans? 7 for all Mankind (love them, all washes here) Plaid? Joe Fresh (men's, current selection here)
Bag? Thrifted Necklace? Clyde's ReBirth

I love a good plaid and leopard print mix. Throw in a couple bouquets of cheerful sunflowers and my favourite jeans and I'm a happy shop girl.

shop5
Jacket? Zara, thrifted Hat? Vintage Boots? Joe Fresh 

This is probably a glimpse into what I will be wearing all winter. Black on black because I have my life together and my ducks in a row. Obviously... not. The fisherman's cap is a little dash of quirkiness in between all that seriousness. 

shop1
Dress? Vintage Boots? A Winner's find from 10 years ago! (similar here) Vest? F21

This picture does not capture the crazy amazingness of this 1970's Holt Renfrew maxi dress. There are all fancy ladies along the hem and it is just so good! I can hardly move my arms but that's ok. I had help in the shop that day so I just nodded at what needed to be done without lifting a finger. That's some boss lady business right there...
Just kidding, I actually ripped the seams on the arms but I'll fix it and wear it again. The dress deserves a full outfit post because it is that good. At the rate I am slowlllllly posting outfits, it will likely be 2016... Giving you something to look forward to in the future...

12 comments :

Veronika Novotny said...

Freaking love seeing your shop girl looks. So many outfits, and all SO beautiful. You have killer style!! As for the weather? Us too, hot and cold. Drives me nuts... it's confusing my sandal & maxi dress wearing brain! ;)

Sofia H. said...

Whoa, lady. You are killing it with the outfits!

The Suburb Experiment said...

I love seeing your everyday clothes. Also, you're living the dream, seriously. Decorating windows, wearing whatever you want to the "office", helping people discover the perfect vintage items. . . sigh.

Unknown said...

Love Love Love that DVF number. So fanstastic.

Unknown said...

Loving those dresses! Especially the first one - I want it so badly. I'm a brand new blogger and would love if you could find the time to check out my blog! http://ashcatz.blogspot.com/
Thanks girl and have an awesome day!

Liana said...

Found you via thatdamngreendress and was so pleased to find another Canadian fashion blog. Yay.

Love the giant mirror! And you look great in all the outfits but my favourite is probably the second dress with the cute black booties.

Nastassja said...

Love it all. And my gosh, your legs. I can't.
www.mrsrogero.com

DressUpNotDown said...

That dress is worth waiting for......I shall still be here when you get the full post up. :o) LOVE it with the vest and boots, love, love, LOVE!!!

JJ
www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That 1970s maxi dress is a DREAM, fix that shit and I wanna see more photos of it! I also want to see your store, I'm driving through Canada tomorrow and I wish I could pop on by

Becca Jost said...

Wow so many different outfits! I love it! I'm really liking the booties with the dress look you sported in a few of those outfits.

Unknown said...

ninest123 16.03
cheap oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, longchamp, louboutin, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, burberry, ugg boots, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, michael kors outlet, nike outlet, tiffany and co, prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, ugg boots, christian louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet online, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, replica watches, chanel handbags, gucci outlet, nike free, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, nike air max

Unknown said...


I was excited to discover this website
http://www.kuwait.prokr.net/
http://www.emirates.prokr.net/