The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2013-09-23

Fireworks

circle4
circle2
circle3
circle7
circle1

Skirt? 50's Vintage, Out of the Past (similar on etsy here and a set here)Sweater? BCBG (worn backwards) 
Pumps? Ralph Lauren (here) Necklace? Clyde's Rebirth (here)

Admittedly, my shoe game is pretty weak. Especially for a fashion blogger. When I dress up I have to try really hard not to reach for my black sandals, black pumps or black booties... Such variety. Sometimes I succeed at that, and lots of times I just go for my old favourites. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I don't often thrift shoes, so if I buy shoes they have to be new and then it takes me a while to commit to something leather, interesting enough to last me a few years and in my price point. Also, I'm just too old and lazy to limp around in the shoes in my closet that don't fit perfectly and aren't comfortable. I can handle a good super high heel, but if I need to slow my roll at all because I feel like Bambi straight out of the womb, I'm out.

But you know what? What I lack in shoe game, I make up for in my vintage skirt game. Especially with a player like this hand painted, hand sequined velvet beauty. I put the crinoline from this dress under the skirt just to take it to the next level.

The crinoline is like the performance enhancing drug of my vintage skirt game, if you will...

17 comments :

Sarah {Raving Fashionista} said...

I love, love, love, LOVE that skirt! Actually I love this whole outfit, you're such a babe. Excellent call on the crinoline skirt - now can you ship this outfit my way so I can steal it? :)

Sophie said...

You well and truly know how to pick up a beautiful skirt girl! Love this one!
Sophie
x

paige said...

you fancy. dang. i don't have a good shoe collection either, soooo...high 5.

Annick said...

Loving the details in this look - the strappy back, the long necklace, and the detailing in the skirt are all gorgeous!

Bold Subtlety

Jenn said...

I think this is my favorite outfit from you - ever. Well done.

Michael said...

You look lovely! And I think the back may be my favorite part. I mean, favourite part.

-Lora

Q said...

Fireworks indeed!!! what a very pretty skirt!x

http://www.myclayexperience.com/

Loulou said...

Wow, such a gorgeous outfit on you. Of course I love the fabulous skirt but am also into that terrific sweater and how it looks worn backwards. They're so perfect together.

Ladies in Navy said...

this is really such a gorgeous look on you
kw ladies in navy

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous skirt. You look like a ballerina in this outfit.

xoxo
Ivy
http://www.purrpleivy.com/

Veronika Novotny said...

I'll have to second that... when it comes to my shoes I too tend to reach for the same options. I guess I like my outfit to do most of the talking! ;)

I think your black pumps look awesome here and this outfit is WAY gorgeous. Love the skirt and the back is the most gorgeous detail, ever!!

xo
By The Shore

abby said...

That skirt is amazing! I have been making an attempt to thrift more near my home and I've come up with a few winners recently. I think you always look incredibly put together -- so stick with the black shoes, they work.
xx Abby | a geek tragedy

Anonymous said...

You killed this outfit. Its stunning.

Chilel Aissitou said...

I have been into fireworks print lately and never could find what I wanted. I was about to diy something but let us just say that this skirt of yours will be an inspiration for me someday.absolutely stunning. I need to go thrift/ vintage shopping with you. My shoe game is lame as well but just because I prefer comfort over torture lol

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, you look so elegant and crazy! I really love that skirt - so adorable and unique!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Secondhand Stella said...

AHHH, that skirt is amazing!!!

Unknown said...

You hit it out of the ballpark with this divine skirt and crazy-cool backwards top. This outfit calls for subdued shoes, but I can totally relate to always reaching for boring black. It's like my feet are from NY.