The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2012-08-29

Repeat

orange3
orange4
orange6
orange1

Skirt? Thrifted (similar here in purple and berry) Tee? Joe Fresh  Watch? c/BCBG
Shoes? L.A.M.B., Winners (similar and undoubtedly more walkable here) Clutch? Thrifted  

This outfit reminds me of this outfit post from 4 summers ago. Yes, it seems I've been posing in front of brick walls for 4 summers. I always did get A's for 'using time wisely' on my school report cards...
I certainly don't love every outfit I have worn on the blog but I  appreciate that outfit as much now, as I did then. A soft tee and a bright pencil skirt are a good match in my book. And while that outfit would likely make it into my hypothetical list of the Top 10 Outfits of Life (or of The Blog... an example wherein life and blog can be interchanged) and this one here won't, I still do quite like this look.
I'm sure someone is going to look at my outfit and think of their school colours but I love the contrast of the orange against purple. The only downside is that the waistband of the skirt is rather snug. It made a second servings of my Mama's cooking a painful thing this past weekend. But I handled it because I am unwilling to let go of either my purple pencil skirt or that second helping...

21 comments :

Thrifted or Scripted? said...

Your links are not going to your previous post from 4 summers ago. They go to secondhand magpie blog.

Love this skirt, the slouchy T-shirt keeps it cool and not too stuffy.

Unknown said...

I love the simplicity of this outfit and with the pops of color in the skirt and shoes, it might be the best way to liven up a basic tee! GIMME YOUR LEGS.

jackie said...

Oh dang, I wanna see that outfit! But whether it's a repeat or not, it looks dang good. And the waistband may be a little snug, but at least the slouchy tee makes up for it!

Wholesome Hedonist said...

Love the soft Joe tees...I've never worn them with a pencil skirt before, I'll have to give that a try!

By the way, did you pick up those Joe Gold Jeans in the spring when they went down from $49 to $9? They seemed like just the kind of ridiculous thing you would rock! (or that i would rock...I got 2 pairs!)

Unknown said...

ahhh - I NEED those shoes, they are gorg!!


fashionable footprints

Natasha Fatah said...

The clutch purse was a great find!

~Natasha Fatah~

amanda said...

whoa girl. you is gorgeous. and you are wise to keep both the skirt and the second helping. life's too short for comfortable style.

Kristen said...

love those shoes!!! You look stunning! :)

Belle de Couture said...

Love this simple chic look! Your heels are fantastic! :)

xo
Jen

http://belledecouture.com

Jackie said...

I love your outfit. I never would have thuoght to put orange shoes with a purple skirt. I love the effect!

Frannie Pantz said...

Actually purple and orange are my wedding colors (next weekend!!), so I quite like the look. That and you're gorgeous. And hilarious. So you get an A from me in those categories (do they have those on report cards now?).

Anonymous said...

love love love! and yeah...your legs, please. hand em over.

Anonymous said...

Such a cute outfit. Love the colors chosen and love those shoes :)

You have such a great blog! What do you think of following each other?
WhiteCloset Fashion Blog
Twitter
Facebook

Kastles said...

haha your so funny! This purple skirt is just wonderful! And I love it paired with the casual grey top! Hope your week is going good so far :)
<3 Kastles

Jennifer said...

I love those orange pumps paired with the blue skirt!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Asher said...

Love, love, LOVE! this look! So simple, yet oh so very chic!

Thriftanista in the City said...

Love! Orange and purple are 2 of my favorite colors. You paired them together flawlessly.

Unknown said...

A simple tee and the sexy skirt --> deadly combo! you look lovely!

Audrey @ Putting Me Together said...

I love this! And girl, your legs are HAWT!

sartoriography said...

Girl, this outfit! I dig it! I'm a big fan of blue and orange together, and also a fan of how you are very attractive. I mean this in a completely (non? hah!) stalkerish way. I mean, it's just not practical to stalk someone from Chicago to Canada...right?

Britt { Magpie Collective } said...

Haha! Thanks for the accidental linkage to my blog. I'll take what I can get :)

Britt
The Secondhand Magpie